Development Fees

Options for paying development fees:

Fees can be paid with cash, check, debit card, or credit card at the Treasurer’s Office. The Building Inspector's Office, Planning department, and Public Utilities accept checks, debit cards, and credit cards. Additional processing fees apply for credit card payments.

Department Fee Schedules

Building Inspector's Office

Permit and inspection fees 

For questions contact the Building Inspector's Office at (804) 365-6040


Requests for land use changes and development plan review require applications and associated application fees

For questions contact Planning at (804) 365-6171

Public Utilities

  • Capacity fees
  • Plan review fees vary and are based on actual water and sewer quantities
  • Inspection fees vary and are based on estimated water and sewer construction costs

For questions contact Public Utilities at (804) 365-6019

Public Works

Most land disturbing activities require a permit application and a fee associated with the area of land being disturbed

For questions contact Public Works at (804) 365-6181

Forms and Documents